Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 25, 2016

The Shepherd



Overview
The stars are so bright tonight, he thought. Suddenly, a radiant light danced above the horizon. It crept closer, and Demas slid to his feet as he gazed upward in awe. The air about him had changed. It was soft and gentle, yet exciting. It was a star, radiant and glorious, hovering over the nearby town. It grew in size and brightness. Frightened, Demas turned and ran toward the sleeping men.
1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe

Author Bio:

I was born in Los Angeles in June of 1938 as the fifth of seven children.   When WWII broke out, my father moved us out of Los Angeles to the San Fernando Valley where we lived on a chicken ranch.  
 
We moved back and forth between Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley until 1946 and lived there until 1949 when I moved back to Los Angeles.  I started working at Sears/Roebucks at 13 until 18. 
 
I lived in Los Angeles with my parents until 1957 and worked for Bank of America and went to college until marrying John Moore and left college while continuing to work at the bank to start a family and raise 3 boys and 1 girl.  
 
I left Los Angeles for Nocona TX in 1972 with my children and was later joined by my husband.  I was a master baker and managed donut shops, cafeterias and bakeries. 
 
I married Robert Eddowes in TX in 1979 had another son.   We later moved to Washington DC where I worked at Walter Reed Medical center in the late 80s.    Also ran several storage units.  Retired at 67 and have been a widow since 2003.
 
In 1984 I attended a church play of the Nativity.   Upon looking at the shepherds, I thought about them and what their life must have been like.   I decided to research and write a book about them.   This book is a compilation of 30 years of writing and research and by the grace of GOD I’ve been able to finish and share it with you.    After 29 years, I had a stack of research and about 1/3 of the book completed.   In 2015, I felt the nudge of GOD to finally complete the work you are now holding.   I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I have enjoyed writing it.    May GOD bless you on your journey. 

Interview


Q:
Tell us about your latest work—title, genre, etc. — and why you wrote it?
A:
This is the accumulation of her life’s work.   30 years ago Lela went to a nativity play and thought to herself, what ever happened to the shepherds.. They must have been important for the angel to appear to them..   this epic tale, tells their story.  
Q:
What draws you to your genre(s)? Why is this type of story compelling to you?
A:
I’ve always loved history and the bible.  
Q:
What is your writing process like? Do you map the whole thing out or do you just let it unfold?
A:
Lela spent 30 years researching off and on as life passed by.   At the ripe old age of 77 Lela broke her leg and felt GOD said it was time to sit down and finally write it.     The book was completed summer of 2015.
Q:
What kind of research was involved?
A:
Research regarding the times, how people lived etc. 
Q:
How much of YOU makes it into your characters?
A:
There are glimpses of Lela and her family and acquaintances throughout the novel.
Q:
How do you balance the need to have time to write with the needs of family, society, etc.?
A:
At 77, upon finally breaking my leg and life finally not being in the way, I was able to complete it.  
Q:
Have there been any authors in particular, that inspired your writing?
A:
Lela is an avid reader who loves to read. 
Q:
Is there a story you want to tell behind or about your work(s)?
A:
Just what I’ve already listed.
Q:
What other projects are you currently working on or about to start?
A:
Enjoying family and promoting this book.
Q:
Could you share some of your marketing strategies?  Which ones are the most effective in your opinion?
A:
This is a process we are still in development on.  We are looking for reviews and scheduling book signings and other events to gain publicity. 
Q:
What would be the top five, (or 3 or 1 or however many) things you would tell aspiring authors?
A:
It’s never too late!
When the time is right, God will make it happen!
Keep trying!

Lela K. King  (Author Name)  - Jessica Eddowes (Author Rep)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valued comments