Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

More than a Spy Novel

Never Too Late to Die by Pablo Palazuelo

SYNOPSIS

The Trumpets of Jericho blasted from the sky, heralding the imminent arrival of death.
So begins this novel that is equal parts mystery and thriller in which
five eccentric friends, all veterans of international intelligence agencies,
meet a captivating, provocative young woman down on her luck,
who triggers a chain of unforeseen, ill-fated events
and steers them toward a ruthless enemy.

More than a spy novel, this is a fast-paced whodunit thriller, fraught with suspense and criminal acts at every turn.

BOOK PREVIEW

AUTHOR
Pablo Palazuelo was born in Madrid, Spain in 1965. He studied Business Administration at Berkeley, and speaks several languages. Pablo and his wife have three children.
After serving as a member of Special Forces in the Army, Pablo went on to start his own company, and pursue amateur  photography.
One of Pablo’s photographs was featured in a magazine, and he has used it as the cover design for his first endeavor as a writer and novelist, Never Too Late to Die.
The book hit number one for most sold eBooks on Amazon Spain and topped many other charts without any marketing campaign.
Pablo divides his time between Madrid and Los Angeles.

Interview
Welcome to my blog Pablo please tell my readers and I about yourself and your latest book.

Q: Tell us about your latest work—title, genre, etc. — and why you wrote it?
A: It’s a whodunit at heart but without the cliches you might expect to find in a typical detective novel. My aim was to provide depth and detail to make it more credible. Also, I wanted to give the reader lots of thrilling scenes and plot twists.

Q: What draws you to your genre(s)? Why is this type of story compelling to you?
A: That’s an easy one! Detective novels and history books are what I love to read most. With thrillers, I like their pace, the way subtle manipulations of deception and trickery can make the reader feel the tension.

Q: What is your writing process like? Do you map the whole thing out or do you just let it unfold?
A: In my case, especially in Never Too Late to Die, I did plan it all out first. But, I have to admit, as I worked through the first draft, I made a ton of changes.

Q: What kind of research was involved?
A: That’s a great question. Even though the book is fiction, many characters and historical details are true or inspired by the real world. I was committed to making it realistic so that meant lots and lots of research. But the incredible success of the book shows all that work was absolutely worth it.

Q: How much of YOU makes it into your characters?
A: That’s hard to say but I don’t doubt there’s a lot of me in a lot of them. I can tell you that after some of my friends and family read the book they said they saw parts of me in more than one character.

Q: How do you balance the need to have time to write with the needs of family, society, etc.?
A: It’s a difficult balancing act, especially when you add my day job to that mix. In the end, it’s a matter of staying patient, not trying to write the book against a deadline but focusing solely on how I want the book to read.

Q: Have there been any authors in particular, that inspired your writing?
A: With Never Too Late to Die, I would say authors of similar novels, detective stories with detailed, involved plots, like Thomas Harris and Stephen King.

Q: What other projects are you currently working on or about to start?
A: Right now I’m working on an unusual crime and intrigue novel. I like to think it’s going to be ground-breaking. It’s going to be short, with few characters, a simple story, and involve an original and appealing topic. But I can’t tell you any more. I’m keeping it a secret until publication. I’m even making my proofreaders, who are all friends of mine, sign a confidentiality agreement!

Q: Could you share some of your marketing strategies?  Which ones are the most effective in your opinion?
A: You know, when I finished my first novel, Never Too Late to Die, I was rejected by publishers and literary agencies. Then, when I decided to self-publish, I found out I didn’t know anything about marketing books or marketing on the Internet. So I just sent it to a few literary bloggers who gave it great reviews. Eventually the book became a bestseller in all the Spanish-language markets.
I’ve learned something since then. Now I use blogs, social networks, and some advertising even though I can’t tell yet how effective the latter two are.

Q: What would be the top five things you would tell aspiring authors?
A:
1)   Be patient, it takes a long time to write a good book, unless you’re really lucky.
2)   Doubt yourself, don’t think what you’ve written is necessarily good just because you like it.
3)   Trust the opinions of friends who read your manuscript and give you suggestions for improvement.
4)   Don’t trust all the offers you find online for indie authors and novels because most of them only want to make money at your expense.
5)   Go for self-publication because if you do it right, you’ll be very happy.

Again, thanks Pablo for taking the time to share your knowledge with us. 
We appreciate you and your work.

WHERE TO BUY IT

BOOK´S SITE

OTHER INFO
***** Now in English, the book that topped Spanish charts around the world for over 500 days. *****

“Immediately brings to mind names like Michael Crichton, John Grisham, and James Patterson. Palazuelo knows HOW A BLOCKBUSTER NOVEL SHOULD BE WRITTEN.”

“A TRUE THRILLER in the classic style of American crime fiction, first popularized in The Maltese Falcon by the great Dashiell Hammett and developed to perfection by Raymond Chandler.”

"WHAT A READ. Never Too Late to Die is a different sort of book, daring but necessary, a breath of fresh air in this genre."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valued comments