Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Here is the... 'More'

books
NCW (Malta) stands for National Council of Women of Malta. I discovered this group purely by accident. I subscribe to my local councils email of local events. These emails arrive regularly. Some of interest, a few are in the Maltese language, most are in English. I tend to delete a lot of them but this particular email caught my attention. Bice Mizzi-Vassallo Music Competition 13th Edition. In summary, the email told of the music finals and awards to be held in Valletta. Free for the public to attend. Being a lover of the Classical music, in particular the piano, I decided to attend.
The competition was held in the beautiful setting of St. James Cavalier, Centre of Creativity, Music Room and was well attended. Perhaps there were many relatives and friends of the contestants, but no matter, the music 'room', more like a small theater was full. The four official Adjudicators were not obviously visible to us public attendees. And maybe not to the musicians.
Not knowing what to expect, I was delighted and awe struck by the abilities of all eight participants. This was no amateur musical competition. These musicians played and presented themselves as professionals! How could the Adjudicators possibly choose only three for awards? They all deserved awards! They all have my vote!
I will surely try and keep track of the NCW, the young musicians, and of course my source of many interesting snippets of information, my local council.
You never know what you may find around the next corner. Only in Malta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valued comments