Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Exposed in Darkness (In Darkness Book One) By Heather Sunseri

Now Available

About:
Just days before the running of the biggest thoroughbred horse race in the world, an act of bioterrorism kills Kentucky’s lieutenant governor, and former FBI Special Agent Brooke Fairfax receives a video of the murder from her long-time anonymous source. When Brooke discovers domestic terrorists are actually after the governor—her late husband’s brother—and that the radicals are eyeing more targets, she heads to Kentucky to stop the threat.
Shortly after the political assassination, the FBI zeroes in on one person: international mogul Declan O’Roark. Though Brooke has been out of the game since her husband was murdered, her former boss thinks she is the perfect candidate to connect Declan to the crime.
Despite the FBI clearly establishing means and opportunity, Declan remains unfazed; his motives have nothing to do with murder, but with getting closer to Brooke Fairfax. And Brooke finds the case becoming even more unclear as she falls for the FBI’s number one suspect.

About Author:
Heather Sunseri is a recovering CPA who began writing novels in order to escape the mundane life as a muggle. After twenty years in the corporate world, Heather decided to use her business savvy and curious mind to start a publishing business anchored by fictional stories. She is proof that one can be a numbers person and a creative… And that it’s never too late (or too early) to get a do over. She’s married to the love of her life, mom to two amazing kids, and caregiver to the best golden retriever and one very, needy cat. When she’s not writing, she’s making homemade pizza and drinking Kentucky bourbon.



Interview:
Welcome to my blog Heather.  Please tell me and my readers about your new book and work?

Q:
Tell us about your latest worktitle, genre, etc. and why you wrote it?
A:
Exposed in Darkness is the first book in a new romantic suspense series. I wrote a story about terror at the Bluegrass Derby because terror seems to be all around us these days, and I wanted to tell a story about an event that I know and love and what would happen if terror struck during that event.
Q:
What draws you to your genre(s)? Why is this type of story compelling to you?
A:
I love fast-paced, thrilling and suspenseful stories, but I also like my stories to have a little romance. This is the type of story I like to read, and therefore the type of story I enjoy writing.
Q:
What is your writing process like? Do you map the whole thing out or do you just let it unfold?
A:
I like to know all the major plot points, including the ending, before I start. Everything that happens leading up to each plot point comes to me as I write it.
Q:
What kind of research was involved?
A:
Extensive research was required for Exposed in Darkness. Everything from researching the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, state and federal Homeland Security, police and bomb squad procedures, and issues surrounding bioterrorism and the type of chemical agent a terrorist might use.  I also researched more fun items like aerial silk artists and the logistics of how they might perform at a large charity event. The list goes on and on.
Q:
How much of YOU makes it into your characters?
A:
I’m willing to admit there’s a little bit of me in every character because they came from my mind and heart. However, in order to make my characters interesting and deeply emotional, I have to put them in situations I’ve never been in and see how they work their way out. I also give each character their own set of personality traits and histories that make them who they are. They’re definitely going to do things I would never do because they have a completely different background, skill set, and completely different motivations. For example, I’m not and never will be motivated to become a terrorist. The challenge for a writer is to figure out “why” every character does what they do, and stay consistent.
Q:
How do you balance the need to have time to write with the needs of family, society, etc.?
A:
That’s assuming that I’ve found that balance. J

I sit my butt in a chair and write almost every day. But my family always comes first!
Q:
Have there been any authors in particular, that inspired your writing?
A:
Too many to name. Every writer I’ve ever read has influenced me in some way. I’m also influenced by the writers I’ve met at conferences, signings, and most recently, at Writers Police Academy. (Yes, that’s totally a thing and it is so much fun—Disneyland for Writers!)

Q:
Is there a story you want to tell behind or about your work(s)?
A:
I’m a big believer in do-overs. My writing career is my do-over in my professional life. I didn’t enjoy my first career, and for many reasons I was looking for a more creative outlet, but I also needed to help put food on the table and a roof over the heads of my family. Writing was my do-over.
Q:
What other projects are you currently working on or about to start?
A:
Cut in Darkness, Book 2 of the In Darkness series is in the final stages of editing and I’m already plotting books 3 and 4. This series is scheduled to release very quickly in 2017.

Also, all eight of my young adult books are in production for audio. This is very exciting for Mindspeak and Emerge fans.

I invite anyone and everyone to sign up for my newsletter at http://heathersunseri.com to stay on top of all news in my world. I’ve also been known to give stories away from time to time. (Hint: Sign up to see what I’m currently offering.)

Q:
Could you share some of your marketing strategies?  Which ones are the most effective in your opinion?
A:
1. Write the next book.
2. Always be building your personal list of readers, and always be working on something new for those readers.
Q:
What would be the top five, (or 3 or 1 or however many) things you would tell aspiring authors?
A:
1. Read a lot. Write a lot.
2. Always remember why you love writing. When other aspects of the publishing world try to squash that love, don’t let them.
3. Don’t worry about the things you cannot control. That’s wasted time and energy—time and energy you could be spending on writing and reading (see #1).
4. Get a good editor that you trust, and listen to him/her.
5. Don’t compare yourself to other writers. You are on your very own path.
Thank you very much Heather for your great interview and sharing your work with us.  Good Luck!

Buy:

iBOOKS ◊ AMAZON US ◊ NOOK ◊ KOBO ◊ GOOGLE PLAY

AMAZON UK ◊ AMAZON AU ◊ AMAZON CA

AUDIO ◊ PAPERBACK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valued comments